The Deseret News reported today the 10 finalists in the 2005 Utah Entrepreneur Challenge. They are:
- Aculus Inc., which specializes in Web analytic software.
- BilliardEx, which imports and sells pool tables.
- CareXpress, which offers health care to people without insurance.
- Cartoon Solutions, which offers customized animation for businesses.
- eHealthCompete, which provides an interactive environment for employees to keep track of exercise activity and set up competitions.
- HireVue, which has developed software that allows companies to conduct customized interviews over the Web.
- Mirai Studios, which has developed a new style of video games.
- Smart Tech Innovations, which has developed a new technology for medicine bottle caps.
- Top Brands USA, which exports clothing from the top U.S. brands into the Ukraine.
- Wasatch Microfluidics Inc., which has developed a technology that improves test results to better future drug developments.
I hope all these entrepreneurs will list their business summary on FundingUtah.com where there are more than $30 million in available funds from more than 50 angel investors throughout the state. Of course, not all of them are even seeking capital other than the $40,000 top prize they hope to win from this state-wide competition.
98 total views, 3 views today