Today I spoke about Raising Capital From Angel Investors at the Miller Innovation Center in Sandy, Utah. If you are starting a company in Utah, you should consider getting office space and other services from this group. The companies I know there are very happy with the business accelerator services there.
Other Infobase Ventures updates from this week include:
- Infobase Media Corp. finished the gold master for the new 2005 LDS Collectors Library CD ROM (done in partnership with Deseret Book) and duplicated 20,000 copies, which arrived this week and should be in retail stores shortly.
- Infobase Media Corp is researching an audio recording project for several hours of audio each month in each of 10 languages. (If you know of a good recording studio or audio engineer, please let me know)
- Last Friday Directory.net closed on an additional $150,000 in funding.
- This week Directory.net launched its Searchability (TM) search engine optimization service with its first partner
- 10x Marketing held a board meeting. The company has been profitable for 12 consecutive months and is considering raising capital for expansion into other markets, including international.
- iCount.com is close to launching its initial social networking features for political activists; the company has also determined which initial revenue stream it will pursue.
- Utah Angel Network will be changing its name, most likely to FundingUtah.com, and will be launching its initial web site in December. This will be a free matching service for Utah entrepreneurs and investors.
All in all–a very eventful week.
537 total views, 2 views today